Our Lady of La Paz church
Barangay La Paz, which the name is derived from the barangay Patroness Our Lady of La Paz, is part of the Cluster 2 of Makati City. The barangay also belong to the first congressional district and is located at in the west side. It has a total land size of 0.6499 square kilometers, in which most parts are used for residential settlements. La Paz has its own elementary school, a police station, a substation for fire emergencies.
La Paz is owned by Ayala Corporation, which was first developed during the early 1950’s. It used to be a rice field and a swamp area for water plants like lilies and spinach. Thus, little attention was given to La Paz at that time, making it once a part of Barangay Tejeros prior to when the Ayalas took over the place. Families have started flocking in La Paz since 1949. Today, most houses in the barangay are built with modern design so does the overall look of La Paz; concrete pavements, condominiums, commercial establishments, and some useful amenities have been built within the vicinity.
Corner street in La Paz
Location of the Barangay
La Paz is one of the barangays located at the gateway of Makati in the west direction. It is located near Taft-Avenue, Osmena Highway and Pasay, Manila. Therefore, it looks as an ideal renting location for those who are looking for a temporary home in Makati. La Paz is also relatively close to the Central Business District (CBD), with just one jeepney ride away. Additionally, La Paz is surrounded by Chino Roces Avenue or Pasong Tamo (south), Vito Cruz (west), Zobel Roxas (north), and Davila Street (east).
Likewise to other Makati Barangays, you can also have fun in La Paz by celebrating the Feast of Nuestra Senora dela Paz Buen Vieja with the other residents. This event is celebrated every first Sunday of May, where the barangay officials would conduct street parties, parades, contests and some intermission numbers by certain performance artists.